6 Alternative Christmas Songs


Sufjan Stevens - Christmas Unicorn. One that my other half introduced me to after I bought a small plush unicorn one Christmas. If anything I love his costume.


Malcolm Middleton - We're all going to die. It sounds dire and depressing but the song is actually quite uplifting. The most Christmas part about it is the Santa costume he is wearing.


Mogwai - Christmas Steps. The only Christmas related part is the title. I love this band and in true form this song builds up to a Mogwai riff. Nice to chill out to after a Christmas night out.


Summer Camp - Christmas Wrapping. I've always loved the original. A kind of girl punk pop song. I love This band and this cover is the right kind of modern twist.


Yeah Yeah Yeahs - All I want for Christmas. Another punky pop style song. Nothing to do with Mariah (though that would be cool too).


The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I don't want to fight tonight). This isn't alternative as such but I just love the fact the Ramones did a Christmas song.

What songs make you feel festive? The one that gets me singing everytime is Mariah Carey. It came out when I was 9 and I always remember feeling amazing listening to it on Top of the Pops. 

Comments