Scarborough


I holidayed in Scarborough when I was a child so it was nice to come back. I think the beach is the clearest memory I have of those times. It hadn't changed much. A bit more modernised but still your typical tourist beach location.

We arrived at Scarborough Bay mid morning and took a lovely long stroll along the North and South Bays. Although it appears cloudy and unwelcoming it was surprisingly warm. Traditional British summer weather.

As soon as we walked along the North Bay I fell in love with the beach huts. I can't remember them being painted in rainbow colours but they looked stunning on this overcast day.

We took photos, ate ice cream and had lunch on the South Bay. Despite being really busy it was a nice walk down memory lane.




































Next we visited Filey before heading back to the hotel in whitby. It was just down the road from Scarborough. Another cute tourist beach with beach huts.









Comments

  1. I love that giant yellow house in Filey - and I love Scarborough too - its really easy to get to from Leeds on the train so we try to go as often as we can. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment