Holy Island


On Saturday we ventured to Holy Island in Northumberland on the East Coast. And just over the border into England. This is our favourite part of the country. We visit all the time. Especially in summer.

Now Holy Island is a fear I've had for a few years. I'm not a fan of the sea, and you have to cross a causeway to get to it. I finally decided I could face it and spend some time over there. Knowing the tide times is key!

It was extremely windy. Close enough to gale force winds. I hid behind a wall at one point because it just blasted us out of nowhere. It was also hard work walking in it and we both felt completely knackered afterwards.

These are half of the photos I took. This is mainly in the town. I'll post up another blog post with part 2. Tomorrow.

























Comments