Wandering and Watching Clouds

After the horrible weather of the day before, proper thunder storm rain and humidity. We headed off in the car for a day in the nearby town of Peebles and surrounding area.

First we got ourselves something from the bakery and wandered down this wee alley into this lovely little space with benches. This glorious structure is a War memorial. I have been to Peebles countless times since I was born  {My grandparents live there} And I have never seen this. It's absolutely beautiful.



I love finding details on buildings. Peebles is a well looked after town.


We also stumbled upon this strange hidden area. I'm not sure what it is, but it had benches and trees. And these hexagon blocks all over the place. It was like walking into a shape based dream sequence. I kind of had a feeling it was used as a seating area for a pub or general cafe. It's a cool place.






We then went to a wee town nearby called Innerleithen, and just outside are tracks to the off road cycling in the forest Elibank and Traquair. And there were a lot of people preparing to go up the massive hill.



This road was sooo busy we kept having to jump into the fence.



I like to think this is a bike track, some brave cyclist wheeling along the side of this large bridge.


Then we ended up at Thornielee. Another off road cycling place and forest. I sat at the car door while the OH took photos. It was so hot out of the wind and I was enjoying making some cloud time lapse videos on Vine.



I was watching birds of prey flying about. The scenery is really amazing round here. It's almost intimidating how big the hills are and the sheer size of them.

I had a lovely simple day out with the OH. I love days where you just go out and enjoy where you live. I love being only minutes away from the countryside.




Comments