Thrifty finds

It's been a while since I have been out for a good hunt around the good old charity shops of Peebles and I found a few lovely things I plan to use in the near future.



I found these old maps in two charity shops. Maps for Wales, edinburgh, Quebec and Germany. I love the cover on the Wales map!

I plan to use these to wrap presents. scrapbook, make envelopes and various other upcycled activities.




I have ALWAYS wanted my own Russian Dolls set. I remember one of my grandparents having these at their house and I would always play with them. They are classic and look very cute together lines up.



I have been looking for old style coat hangers for a while and hit jackpot with these 8. I plan to uncover them and do my own thing with them. Either paint them if they are wooden or recover them.





This book caught my eye, with the rainbow cover, and inside there are some great techniques which I would love to try someday.


I found this lovely bright costume brooch for a quid. It will go well with my wedding outfit in September.

I don't always find time to go thrifting as much as I used to. I still get twitches when I pass a charity shop but I have consciously been trying to cut down on clutter. I can't wait to get dug into some upcycling with these gems.

Comments