Back to Basics


I've been cathartically painting random patterns in my evenings and I think I kind of got a bit addicted. Just simple lines. But in a style not unlike my style of drawing.

I love Reeves watercolour Palettes. They are compact and the 12 colours are perfect. I started using a water brush recently which is a paint brush which a compartment for water so you can use it on the go. I have lost my fine tip one so I have been using my flat tip brush and ordered a new one. So I was limited to the brush strokes, but I am looking forward to trying out my new brushes.

It has been 10 years since I attended the Art and Design College course, all the way back in 2004, which helped me become the creative person I am today. And I think I have an urge to get back to my creative roots. Use those skills I learned there and not to get too weighed down by too many new ideas. I have a tendency to want to do too many crafts or art mediums.

I need to strip it back and enjoy the simple pleasure of colour, pattern and shapes.

My favourite thing about these paints is the finish. Watercolour has a pleasing look when it is dry. A watery texture but with sharp lines. I have never been one for landscapes or still life painting in this media, but I like how fluid it is for experimenting in abstract ways. I think I have more of a design brain with fine art tendencies.











{I really love the look of my pressed flowers over my paintings}

Comments