Blast from my creative past

The other day I had a blast from the past. I was reunited with a bit of work of mine.

I attended college between 2004-05. At the end of the year was the exhibition of the work we had done. I left behind some work for some reason. After almost 9 years I forget exactly.

My past tutor Siobhan has been babysitting them all this time and I am grateful that they came back to me in such good condition. When I had a look through them {I was in a car on the way to see the Kelpies by the way} I couldn't believe I had actually done half of the work in them. The experimental nature of it.

I almost feel as if I want to be back there. Curled up in my sketchbooks. Like I was telling a story in them. It was me. So here is a peek inside....well me.

{This was my Textiles sketchbook}














The last couple of pages there are from 'Work experience' at Heriot Watt School of Textiles where we got to use screen print and use our own designs. I loved it. I did go onto to get into the design for textiles course, but I didn't really enjoy it as much as I'd hoped. So I left after a year. I don't regret it. I almost think or wish I had ventured more into Fine Art. Maybe age has matured that part of me. And hindsight is brilliant.

I love having these parts of my past back. I didn't realise how much inspiration would grow from seeing how I once worked.

Comments