A day for Culture

So we went up to Edinburgh the other day hoping to wander around the Scottish Gallery of Modern Art. However it was closed for redecorating. Which was a total bummer. We were heading up for a bit of culture and because it is a really inspiring building.

The Dean Gallery across the road was open but half of it was being used for a ticketed exhibition which we weren't really expecting. To put it bluntly we saw more art in the Gallery shop.


{"Everything is going to be alright"}


{Selfie in the Dean Gallery toilet coz I love the tiles! Also wearing my new dress from River Island}


{I almost walked into this poor man. Someone help him!}


{Eduardo Paolozzi 'Master of the Universe', I love this guy. He does collage/pop art as well as sculpture}


{This has been here for years, love it against the backdrop of Edinburgh}


{The Birthday boy himself. He loves taking photos but still poses like a school boy when the table turns!}

Despite the lack of actual physical art it was nice to be in Edinburgh. We went Charity shopping in Morningside and picked up a few gems, most of which I can't show coz they are for a swap with my Bestie. I think I prefer the charity shops on the Bridges but I guess it all depends on what you are after.

Comments