Pompom Rug

Now if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen the gradual progress of my Pompom rug. An A3 {paper sized} rug grip grid which I attached many pompom's to to create my rug effect.

I had seen the idea years ago using the pre made kind of felted pompom's. I really wanted to make my own version and I think somewhere on Pinterest I saw the idea to attach them by tying. Only when I acquired a rug grip piece did I start making it.

I love my wee rug. But I don't think I could use it as an actual rug. It needs hung somewhere.

All you need it any size piece of rug grip, but I recommend using a small piece. Lots of yarn. Scissors. And a pompom maker {saves time, but there are other ways to make them}.

And let it rip.

It took me just over 2 weeks to complete this rug. Only after spending a few hours an evening on it. Here are my photo progress.








Anyone can make this. It takes patience but it's also a project you can do over a long time.





Comments

  1. I love this rug! I definitely want to give it a go, hopefully I can use up some of my wool hoard! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment