Christmas Biscuits

Baking is something I wish I had more time for. So I decided to make some simple sugar cookies in a Christmas style.

you will need:
100g of butter
100g sugar
1 egg
275g plain flour
a few drips of vanilla.

{For the icing i usually follow the instructions on the back of the box, you just add a tiny bit of water.}



Firstly you cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until soft and a little fluffy.


Beat the eggs and vanilla  together and gradually add to the butter mixture.
Then add the flour {I find a bit at a time is best}.
It should start to become a dough type ball.


Roll out the dough about 1cm thick and cut out the shapes. I used some IKEA cookie shapes. As you know I love anything woodland. {I also use them in my Air Dry Clay post}


Once you have cut out all the cookies pop them in the oven for 8-10mins at 190C/375F/Gas 5. 



Once they are ready you can decorate to your heart content. I also crushed some candy canes to sprinkle over the top of the icing. they were so tasty. {I was going to decorate the animals however someone broke the moose and bear}


I hope you are all having a fab run up to the big day festivities. I have finally wrapped all our presents. And am about to go to onto late shifts at the day job so I'm trying to be extra organised.

Happy Weekend.

                                                              ❤XOXOXOX

Comments

Post a Comment