Thursdays Thought

Hello...

How does your garden grow?

{source}

I saw this feature on the Smile and Wave blog and it has really made me want to start planting and growing some life into the flat. We don't have our own garden, we also live on the top floor flat in our block, and share a garden with two property owners. The sun comes in our kitchen window in the morning and no other windows during the day. Any plants we do have don't stand a chance really, I have managed to kill every single one so far. I did successfully grow Cress, but that doesn't count as a 5 year old could grow it.

{source}

{source}

I love this tutorial for wedding favours. I love the old tin idea for planting bulbs and seeds. I'm looking out for unusual pots and containers for plants.

I'm hoping to get some cuttings from my mum this week, as she is good with plants and has grown plants into giants since I left home a few years ago. If anything I'm looking forward to learning how to keep plants alive. I have a half dead Orchid and some poor looking Lavender sitting on my kitchen window to get the morning sun to try and revive them. But I have lost hope. I would love to have a wee vegetable garden or some kind of wee space. Like the wee nature garden in Primary school. Lifting up a rock and finding wee bugs and all the little seeds we would plant and check back to see them grow.

{source}

I love the idea of a mini indoor herb garden. I don't know how much of it i would use but I think the smell alone would be lovely.

{source}

{source}

I love the idea of having my own wee plot of land to grow my own vegetables and put colour and life into the earth.
{source}
 I also think having a knowledge of growing your own is good to show your children. Keeps life grounded. I don't want to teach my child how to use an xbox, I want them to get their fingers dirty and know what worms taste like. (you didn't eat worms! whats wrong with you!). Writing this is making me want to go out and buy gardening books and learn about it so I am fully prepared.

Comments