my owl army is ever growing...

So, it's been a while since my last blog and I have been a little busy craft wise. I'm starting to develope my own style of said 'owl' and I have acquired many nice pieces of fabric curtosy of charity shops and donations from friends. I'm pleased with the notion that when I look for my fabrics i'm also giving money to charity, and recycling. Charity shops are the best place to look for one off patterns and wacky looking clothes that have been hanging in some old dears wardrobe since just after the war. Some fabrics I favour more than others which is a weird feeling, but my skills are building everyday. I'm begining to train up my colour awareness again to full strength. And thanks to the idea I had to start keeping a sketchbook, I have been able to do so in a more accurate way. I have been ripping up all sorts of magazines to extract and clash patterns and colours in order to organise my thoughts. The picture above was the begining of collaging these owls onto opposing backgrounds. As you will see from my previous blog about postcard collage I like to play around with images, and its no different in this sketchbook. Its fun for me and thats whats important. in the near future I will document my sketchbook online for all to see, but as yet, like everything, it is a work in progress.

Comments